List Of Opportunities
Click on link to jump to details of the opportunity
Wasaga under Siege –
“A War of 1812 Experience”
Nancy Island Historic Site, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada
August 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th/2014
…Perhaps the Nancy and her crew would escape the Americans after all…
Wasaga under Siege “A War of 1812 Experience” is an annual living history festival commemorating a War of 1812 battle between Americans, British and First Nations which resulted in an American victory with the sinking of the British schooner Nancy. This historic event eventually led to the modern day creation of Nancy Island Historic Site located in present day Wasaga Beach, Ontario. This three day heritage festival managed and operated entirely by volunteers’ features authentic War of 1812 tactics, historical battles, marine assault landings, artillery, and much more. A professional public address announcer narrates each battle event as a series of fictional and historical battle scenarios are presented to the public. The Grand Encampment at Nancy Island Historic Site features over 400 re-enactors opening their living history encampments to the public along with 19th century merchants, artisans, demonstrators, entertainers, live period musical entertainment and much more. Wasaga under Siege “A War of 1812 Experience” allows the local community the opportunity to come together and commemorate its rich local history and in turn creates long-lasting sustainable community bonds through the promotion and preservation of local history. For more detailed information on Wasaga under Siege “A War of 1812 Experience” events and activities please browse this website for details.
Key Functions – Sponsorship
Wasaga under Siege 2014 will achieve several key functions:
- This promotional event will position Your Company/Business as a supporter of Ontario Tourism and Canadian heritage events.
- Wasaga under Siege 2014 will offer Your Company/Business the opportunity to participate in proven successful re-enactment events. (WUS – 2003-2013)
- Wasaga under Siege 2014 is an historical event full of color and pageantry, which will increase tourism and promote local heritage in the Wasaga Beach area.
- Wasaga under Siege 2014 has the cooperation and support of numerous local merchants and organizations. From providing in-kind services and products to monetary sponsorship, a solid joint promotional partnership has developed throughout the Wasaga Beach area supporting Wasaga under Siege activities.
- Historical re-enactments as proven at our past events draw huge crowds and interest from participants, public and local residents; the opportunity to attract as many re-enactors will certainly enhance this historical event making advertising exposure for Your Company/Business great and dollars well spent.
- A unique and entertaining experience is what the tourism market is demanding and Wasaga under Siege – “A War of 1812 Experience” fulfills this component.
- Each battle event will be focused in different beach areas of Wasaga Beach. Promotional exposure will be great as expected attendance is estimated at 5000 with over 400 participants from all over Canada and the United States. Wasaga under Siege 2014 is guaranteed to be one of the largest War of 1812 re-enactments in Canada.
More details and information on various sponsorship packages can be found here.